A Leading Foreign Portfolio Investor (FPI) avails services of InCorp
Our client is an established asset management group with an increasing presence in Europe and Asia. Being in existence for more than three decades, they offer a broad range of actively managed strategies, including equities, fixed income, multi-asset and absolute return.
Being amongst the top 10 FPIs operating in India, they have a diversified portfolio comprising equity and debt instruments, ADRs, GDRs, etc.
Incorp has a dedicated FPI vertical comprising of a team of professionals with strong foundation, expertise in the area of tax advisory coupled with in-depth knowledge of client’s business. The client is associated with InCorp (through its affiliates) since incorporation and continues to avail services. InCorp has successfully managed to meet all complex business and compliance requirements of the client.
Equity & Debt Instruments
What services did the client engage InCorp for?
- Tax Advisory concerning investment instruments and income streams.
- Annual Tax compliance services in India.
- Tax litigation services in India.
- Certification for repatriation of funds from India involving the applicability of tax treaties.
What was the client’s long-term vision?
- To expand the range and depth of expertise along with product diversification
- To build up investment capabilities, creating a powerful, well-assorted line-up of active, high-conviction and high-performing investment strategies
How did InCorp turn the client’s Vision to Reality
|Client’s Main Challenges||With InCorp|
|Difficulty in comprehending compliance rules||Assisted in periodic and annual tax compliance services across all entities|
|Tedious tax litigation issues||Professionally adhered to tax litigation services|
|Ambiguity about repatriating funds from India||Furnished certification for repatriation|