In the November 2021 edition of the newsletter, we discuss the treatment of Input tax credit (ITC) not appearing in certain GST forms. We have prepared a table summarising the claim-ability of ITC from the inception of GST until date. The relevant provisions under which ITC can be claimed have been highlighted. Further, certain challenges faced by taxpayers have also been detailed.
In this newsletter we discuss the following:
- Treatment of Input tax credit (ITC) not appearing in GST forms – GSTR 2A and GSTR 2B
- Summary Of ITC Claim-Ability along with the provisions
- Whether GSTR 2A Or GSTR 2B Should Be Considered For The Purpose Of Reconciliation?
- Whether ITC Can Be Claimed If The Supplier Has Reported The Invoice As B2C?
- Validity Of Claiming ITC On Invoices That Are Not Appearing In GSTR 2A Or GSTR 2B
We take you through the facts of the case, provisions of the law and the ruling made by the concerned authority.
- Union of India versus Bharti Airtel Ltd. & Ors. – Supreme Court in Civil Appeal No. 6520 OF 2021.
- Prodip Nandi – AAR West Bengal
Important Notifications and Circulars for the month of November 2021
Every newsletter shall include the calendar for the month. We have highlighted the GST due dates that you need to be aware of for your easy reference!